Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle, Spencer Pratt

My favorite topic of the day is celebrity douchebags, and there is none greater than Spencer Pratt. So you can imagine my happiness at hearing about the release of his rap video as part of his promotion of the show I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here on NBC.

In the video, Pratt bounces around like a wanna-be gangster version of the Crocodile Hunter (with a strategic placement of a snake slithering close to his crotch: classy move, Mr. Pratt, nice innuendo) as his attention-whore wife Heidi dances in the background winking shamelessly at the camera. It's what would happen if Animal Planet meets Daisy of Love/Tool Academy (On a side note,VH1, you used to have such quality programming. Can we replace stuff like New York Gets a Job with Pop Up Video pleeeeasse? Thanks.) With lyrics like " MTV made me President rich," "Its Spencer Pratt and I'm Twittering you back," and "My money is attached to me just like my wedding ring" Pratt shows that a)he is out of touch with reality and b)he can't rhyme. He is also has the least street cred of any person to ever rap (I'm talking to you Vanilla Ice) and that's saying a lot. Also, someone needs to tell Heidi to stop bouncing around in the background trying to look like video vixen Barbie. These two just show how obssessed people in society have become with fame; they are willing to look like complete idiots to stay famous; either way I'm sure they're laughing their way to the bank.

No comments: